Irish Breakfast Recipe
"You could face anything after this hearty breakfast of eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes fried with bacon and butter. Slices of Irish soda bread are grilled in the skillet and served on the side."
- Lay the bacon slices in a single layer in a large skillet. Fry over medium heat until it begins to get tinged with brown. Fry on both sides. Remove from pan, but save grease.
- Melt butter in skillet. Crack eggs into pan, being careful not to break yolks. Place tomato slices, mushrooms, and bread in pan. Fry gently, stirring mushrooms and tomatoes occasionally. Keep everything separate. Turn bread over to brown on both sides.
- When egg whites are set, but yolks are still runny, dish half of everything onto each of 2 warmed plates, and serve immediately.
- Cook’s Note:
- Start your day off the Irish way! You’ll never want cold cereal again. To be really authentic, buy back bacon–it’s much meatier than the belly bacon Americans eat. And it’s absolutely essential that you serve this breakfast with sweet, milky tea.
- Try one of these recipes for Irish Soda Bread or soda farls to fry up and serve on the side.
Per Serving: 724 calories;41.8 g fat;54.3 g carbohydrates;35.2 g protein;459 mg cholesterol;1431 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article