Spiced Pear Spritz
Active Time: N/ATotal Time5 MIN
Yield: Serves : 1
Sweet pear and warm spices team up to deliver this warm and cozy winter spritz. Simple syrup is a perfect stand-in for the thick and sweet Velvet Falernum liqueur.
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) pear-flavored vodka (such as Grey Goose La Poire)
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) Velvet Falernum liqueur or simple syrup
- 1 whole star anise
- Thin pear slices
- 4 to 6 tablespoons (2 to 3 ounces) chilled dry sparkling white wine
- Splash of club soda (optional)
How to Make It
Fill a large wine glass halfway with ice. Add bitters, vodka, liqueur, and star anise. Add a few pear slices; top with sparkling wine and, if desired, club soda. Stir gently, and serve.
We used John D. Taylor’s Velvet Falernum, a low-proof spirit from Barbados.
Source: Read Full Article