Baked Gruyere and Herb Macaroni Recipe
"A light and refreshing version of mac ‘n cheese. It still has a delightful cheesy flavor, but more on the milder side in order to allow all the flavors in this dish come together as one."
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and place in an 8-inch casserole dish.
- Combine tarragon, salt, white pepper, rosemary, chives, sage, and thyme in a small bowl. Mix well. Combine cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and Gruyere cheese in another bowl; add the herb mixture and stir. Pour over the macaroni and stir to coat evenly.
- Combine shallot, bread crumbs, and butter in another dish; sprinkle mixture over the macaroni.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is lightly golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook’s Note:
- You can always prep this meal by completing steps 1 and 2 and then leaving the mixture in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
Per Serving: 470 calories;15.8 g fat;61.8 g carbohydrates;19.6 g protein;40 mg cholesterol;936 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article