Beefy Butternut Squash Pasta
Active Time: 15 MinsTotal Time35 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
Tender chunks of butternut squash, toothsome greens, and hearty ground beef make this pasta dinner so flavorful and filling. This one-pan recipe comes together in about 30 minutes and makes enough for leftovers the next day. Add more chicken broth and reheat in a skillet (not the microwave), or the pasta will become chewy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1medium-size yellow onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces peeled, cubed butternut squash (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces uncooked large shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped, stemmed collard greens
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large skillet over high. Add beef, and cook, stirring often, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and chili powder, and cook until onion is just softened, about 3 minutes.
Stir in flour; cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Stir in broth, squash, pasta, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and cook until pasta is al dente, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in collards. Cover, and let stand until collards have wilted, about 10 minutes. Uncover, and stir in Parmesan.
Source: Read Full Article