Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Waffles
Active Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 15 Mins
Yield: Makes about 8 waffles
The combination of brown sugar and cinnamon is a classic dessert flavor profile, so why not bring it into your waffle batter? Serve with maple syrup, or, if you’re feeling particularly opulent, whipped cream and salted caramel sauce.
- 1 3/4 cups whole buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) melted unsalted butter, cooled to room temperature
- 2large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups (about 7 1/2 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- Cooking spray
How to Make It
Whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs in a large bowl. Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a separate large bowl. Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture, and whisk until just smooth. Let batter stand about 5 minutes.
Preheat waffle iron to medium-high, and spray with cooking spray. Pour about 1/3 cup batter per waffle into iron, and cook until light golden browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article