Active Time: 30 MinsTotal Time30 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
Two kinds of mushrooms—oyster and cremini—give this chicken dish savory flavor and a meaty texture without adding lot of extra calories. Don’t be tempted to stir the mushrooms too much as they cook. Let them sit, undisturbed, for three minutes in the hot pan so that they brown nicely.
- 4(6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- 6 ounces oyster mushrooms, torn
- 6garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1(8.8-oz.) pkg. precooked microwavable brown-and-wild rice, prepared according to pkg. directions
- Lemon wedges
How to Make It
Sprinkle chicken evenly with pepper and 3/4 teaspoon of the salt. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add chicken. Cook until well browned, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
Melt butter in pan over medium-high. Add mushrooms. Cook, undisturbed, 3 minutes. Stir in garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in wine and stock.
Return chicken to pan, and sprinkle with thyme. Cook, undisturbed, until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 165°F, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with rice and lemon wedges.
Source: Read Full Article