Coco's Meatloaf Recipe
"Meet Steve Johnson, a Nashville native who grew up learning to cook from his mother, grandmother, and aunt. Along the way, he picked up a few lessons about living right, along with the secret to his mother’s meatloaf recipe."
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine onion, green bell pepper, milk, 1/4 cup ketchup, and eggs in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Stir ground beef, crushed saltine crackers, kosher salt, dry mustard in a large bowl. Add onion and egg mixture; stir to combine.
- Transfer beef mixture to a shallow baking dish and shape into a loaf. Drizzle top of the meatloaf with 2 tablespoons ketchup.
- Bake in the preheated over for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let meatloaf to rest uncovered for 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Cook’s Note:
- I also use this recipe to make meatballs. Instead of forming the meat into a loaf, make meatballs and bake on a cookie sheet for 25 to30 minutes. This recipe makes 18 meatballs.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 456 calories;26.6 g fat;23.5 g carbohydrates;29.3 g protein;154 mg cholesterol;1149 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article