Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe
"Forget trying to roll the cabbage rolls. I tried this once and realized that I didn’t need to spend all that time making the rolls because they ended up looking the same on the plate anyways."
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8×12-inch baking dish.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir ground beef until crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in onions, water, tomato sauce, garlic, salt and black pepper; bring to a simmer. Add rice, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Spread half the shredded cabbage in prepared baking dish; cover with half the beef mixture. Repeat layers. Arrange bacon over final layer of beef. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until bacon is crisp and cabbage is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 302 calories;15.8 g fat;19.6 g carbohydrates;20.2 g protein;62 mg cholesterol;821 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article