Everything Good Cocktail
This make-ahead cocktail, created by San Francisco bartender Gillian Fitzgerald, is lightly smoky and wonderful with dessert. The chocolate bitters make the drink—and they’re available online. Adding water along with the ingredients, then freezing the batched drink, means you won’t need to shake it over ice.
- 8 servings
- Active Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 2 hours 45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 ½ tsp. honey
- 1 1/2 cups mezcal
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (preferably Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao)
- 2 1/2 tsp. chocolate bitters, such as Fee Brothers
- 8 orange twists
- Mix honey and 2 Tbsp. boiling water in a quart-size jar. Stir to dissolve honey; let cool. Stir in mezcal, orange liqueur, bitters, and 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. water. Seal and freeze at least 2 hours and up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, turn jar gently to mix. Place ice in a rocks glass and pour in cocktail. Squeeze oils from orange twist over, rub peel around rim of glass, then garnish glass with peel.
Source: Read Full Article