Fall Farro Bowl with Green Tahini Sauce
Active Time: 40 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hour
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)
With bold but balanced flavors and a vibrant variety of textures, this healthy grain bowl checks all the boxes. We love the colorful, nutrient-dense combo of roasted beets, butternut squash, red onion, and delicate haricot verts, but feel free to include whatever veggies you love the most. You can also add leftover shredded chicken or sliced steak to bump up the protein. Prep the flavor-packed components of this grain bowl in advance for delicious lunches you’ll actually look forward to all week long.
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 9 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2small red onions, each cut into 4 wedges
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 3small red beets, each cut into 4 wedges
- 6 ounces haricots verts, halved crosswise
- 2 cups packed chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2medium garlic cloves
- 1small golden beet, thinly shaved
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°F. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high. Add farro; reduce heat to medium, and simmer until tender, about 35 minutes. Drain and place farro in a medium bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
Whisk together thyme, mustard, and 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large bowl. Add onions and butternut squash; toss to coat. Place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Add red beets to bowl, and toss to coat with oil; add to baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring once. Add haricots verts to baking sheet, and cook until vegetables are browned and tender, stirring once, 10 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Process parsley, water, tahini, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth, about 30 seconds. Divide farro evenly among 4 shallow bowls. Top evenly with roasted vegetables, and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with shaved golden beet and thyme.
Source: Read Full Article