Honeydew Salad with Ginger Dressing and Peanuts
Photo by Alex Lau, Food Styling by Susie Theodorou
Just the side your barbecue ribs are looking for, this all-green salad gets a kick from serrano, ginger, and just a hint of fish sauce. Keep the melon ice-cold for maximum contrast.
- 4–6 servings
- 6 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. finely grated peeled ginger (from one 1" piece)
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium honeydew melon (about 2 lb.), seeds and rind removed, flesh cut into wedges, wedges halved crosswise
- 3 small Persian cucumbers, sliced on a diagonal 1/4" thick
- 1 avocado, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup salted, dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Flaky sea salt
- Whisk vinegar, fish sauce, ginger, and brown sugar in a large bowl to combine. Add chile and let sit 10 minutes.
- Add melon, cucumbers, and avocado and toss to coat. Transfer to a platter; top with mint and peanuts and sprinkle with salt.
Source: Read Full Article