Keto Alfredo with Grilled Chicken
Active Time: :10 Mins
Total Time: :20 Mins
Yield: :Serves 4 (serving size: 2/3 cup sauce, 3 oz. chicken)
Gone are the days of missing out on Alfredo because it doesn’t comply with the keto diet. Thanks to this vegetable pasta and the Alfredo sauce, which doesn’t contain any flour, you can enjoy this Italian classic, all without the carbs.
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz.) grass-fed butter
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces sliced grilled chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Keto-friendly “pasta” of choice, prepared according to package directions
- Fresh chopped herbs (such as parsley and basil)
How to Make It
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high, and gradually whisk in cream; bring to a simmer, stirring often. Whisk in Parmesan and cream cheese, and cook, stirring often, until slightly thickened and lightly coats the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
Stir in chicken and pepper, and cook until chicken is heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve alfredo sauce over keto-friendly “pasta” of choice, and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Source: Read Full Article