Lasagna Pepper Boats Recipe
"Always looking for low-carb recipes, I was making my family lasagna and got the idea to make my lasagna in a ‘green pepper boat’ instead of using noodles. This tastes great even to people who love carbs! Freezes well too.If I make a smaller batch, I will freeze the leftover sauce for the next time."
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange bell peppers, cut-side up, in a 10×15-inch baking dish; season with salt. Pour enough water into dish to make 1/4-inch depth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, and black pepper to ground beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors blend, about 15 minutes.
- Fill each bell pepper with a heaping tablespoon cottage cheese; top with a layer of mozzarella cheese, a layer of Cheddar cheese, and meat sauce. Sprinkle each 'boat' with more mozzarella cheese and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers are tender and cheeses are melted, 50 to 65 minutes.
- Cook’s Notes:
- You can substitute ricotta cheese for cottage cheese if you prefer and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if you like.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 232 calories;13.6 g fat;10 g carbohydrates;18.6 g protein;49 mg cholesterol;815 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article