Low-Carb Salisbury Steak Recipe
"The steaks are full of flavor and are good on their own! Then you add the mushroom gravy and it’s beyond delicious."
- Mix ground beef, onion, eggs, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, parsley, 2 teaspoons salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Split steak mixture into 6 portions and form into patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties, 3 at a time, until slightly browned on one side, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is browned, about 5 minutes more. Repeat with remaining patties, pouring off any excess liquid. Place Salisbury steaks on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to maintain heat.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl, reserving butter in the skillet.
- Stir flour into the butter until dissolved. Pour in beef broth slowly, stirring until thickened, about 7 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring frequently, until gravy starts to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes. Add sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until all sour cream is melted and gravy is light brown, about 2 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms back into the gravy. Remove from heat and let cool until thickened, about 2 minutes. Ladle gravy and mushrooms over steak patties.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Use high-fat ground beef if possible.
- You can also keep steaks warm in the oven.
Per Serving: 536 calories;42.9 g fat;7.5 g carbohydrates;29.7 g protein;199 mg cholesterol;1190 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article