Nando’s fakeaway: How to make Nando’s peri peri rice bowl
Nando’s fans were left devastated when the restaurant chain closed its doors in March in a bid to slow the spread of coronavirus. But chicken aficionados are now ecstatic after the restaurant chain revealed a recipe to make a cheeky Nando’s peri peri rice bowl from home – but how do you make it?
For those craving a cheeky Nando’s, a simple recipe has been shared by the restaurant.
Posting a video on Instagram, the caption read: “Stocked up those cupboards?
“Here’s a cracking Rice Bowl recipe to try.
“The perfect way to get your Peri-Peri fix while we’re apart!”
- Full list of UK stores closing today due to coronavirus
For the rice bowl:
- Two tablespoons of sesame oil and one tablespoon of vegetable oil mixed together
- One courgette, grated
- One carrot, grated
- 80g spinach
- One cup long-grain rice
- 150g cooked shredded chicken
- Two large eggs
- Two tablespoons of vinegar.
For the dressing:
- 50ml peri peri sauce
- 10ml soy sauce
- One tablespoon sesame seeds
- One tablespoon brown sugar.
Start by cooking the rice as directed on your packet.
In a separate frying pan, you should heat the mixed oil.
Then separately stir-fry all the vegetables until they are slightly soft, it should take around five minutes.
Nandos, McDonald’s, Domino’s & Starbucks give free food to NHS workers [INSIGHT]
Prince Harry’s Nando’s order revealed – and you won’t be impressed [EXPLAINER]
Insiders reveal the Queen’s favourite cheeky takeaway food [PICTURES]
- Flourless lemon drizzle cake: how to make Juliet Sear’s recipe
Bring a pot of water to boil then add a splash of vinegar before you whisk it to get a whirlpool and crack your eggs and cook for three minutes.
Then drain the poached egg.
Next, you should heat a pan and add the peri peri sauce, soy sauce, sesame seeds and brown sugar.
Once the sugar has dissolved, add the chicken until it is cooked thoroughly.
You should then place the cooked rice in a bowl and top with the stir-fried vegetables, chicken mix and poached egg.
Poaching eggs can be difficult for many, Express.co.uk has compiled five tips to help you poach the perfect egg:
- Use barely simmering water
- Strain out some of the thin egg whites with a mesh strainer
- Make sure your eggs are really fresh
- Crack your egg into a bowl or saucer
- Use at least five cm of water to simmer
- Create a gentle whirlpool
- Slowly tip the egg into the water
Nando’s has also published a cheeky pudding for those who fancy a sweet treat after the peri peri rice bowl: a chocolate mug cake.
- Two tablespoons of perinaise
- One tablespoon of butter, melted
- One large egg
- Two tablespoons of caster sugar
- Three tablespoons self-raising flour
- One tablespoon cocoa butter
- Shaved chocolate and ice cream to serve (optional).
To make the chocolate mug cake, pour the melted butter and crack the egg into a microwavable mug and beat it with a fork until it is well mixed.
Add in all the remaining ingredients, except the optional extras, into the mug and mix well to ensure all lumps are removed.
Then place your mug into the microwave and cook on high for one to two minutes, or until the cake has stopped rising and is firm to your touch.
Source: Read Full Article