Prince George’s ‘favourite’ meal is ‘low cost’ and very easy to make – recipe
According to celebrity chef Aldo Zilli, Prince George’s favourite food is spaghetti carbonara, a classic and delicious Italian dish.
Aldo, who has met Prince William on many occasions, claimed that the royal once revealed his son’s favourite meal.
The chef explained: “[William’s] amazing – I’m waiting for the call because apparently his little boy’s favourite is spaghetti carbonara, so I’m waiting for the call to go and cook it for him. [William] is an absolute gent. He’ll come over to you, speak to you about – he knows everything about everyone.
“If George has my carbonara, he will never have another one, so I need to go and make it, let’s get the ball rolling, send me to the Palace to cook!” he told FEMAIL.
Queen Camilla also has a favourite meal, which she recently shared during an interview, and it’s also very cheap and easy to make.
READ MORE: Princess Kate and Meghan Markle wore the same ‘controversial’ look
Prince George’s easy and affordable meal only requires four ingredients: pork belly, eggs, cheese and spaghetti, although olive oil, black pepper and salt can be added for extra flavor.
Great British Budget Menu’s Allegra McEvedy recently shared a “budget spaghetti carbonara” that can be made in less than 30 minutes.
She explained: “Spaghetti carbonara is a crowd-pleaser if ever there was one – eggs, cheese, bacon and pasta. And ready in the time it takes to boil spaghetti. This is designed to be a low-cost recipe.”
Princess Charlene is ‘absolutely gorgeous’ in shimmering dress at Monaco Ball[STYLE]
Tesco recalls popular condiment due to ‘foreign body contamination'[FOOD RECALL]
I followed Princess Kate’s oatmeal diet for a week – and I lost weight[DIET]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
- 400g/14oz spaghetti
- One tbsp olive oil
- 200g/7oz bacon, cut into thin strips
- One garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- Four egg yolks
- 50g/1¾oz grated Parmesan or pecorino
- 50ml/1¾fl oz full-fat milk
- Salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the oil and, once hot, add the bacon and fry for two to three minutes, or until cooked through but not colouring. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute and then remove the pan from the heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the egg yolks, three-quarters of the Parmesan (or pecorino) and the milk. Season with a pinch of salt and a decent amount of pepper. Mix well.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it, reserving a teacup of the cooking water. Pour the drained spaghetti into the frying pan (still off the heat) with the bacon and garlic. Immediately pour over the egg mixture and mix really well, tossing the pasta so that it is all coated in the egg. If it looks to be getting too thick or sticky then loosen with a little of the pasta cooking water.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining cheese.
Source: Read Full Article