Soy-Glazed Chicken with Broccoli
Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Laura Rege
A sweet and gingery soy sauce mixture is used to both braise and glaze skinless, boneless chicken thighs in this quick, kid-friendly dinner.
- 4 servings
- Active Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 3 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. finely grated ginger (from one 2" piece)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided, plus more
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- Steamed rice (for serving)
- Sliced scallions, toasted sesame seeds, and hot sesame oil (for serving; optional)
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Pat chicken dry and season with 1 tsp. salt. Cook cut side up (you want the smooth side with the most surface area to hit the pan first) until deeply golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and reduce heat to medium-low. Turn chicken and continue to cook, spooning sauce over occasionally, until sauce is syrupy and chicken is cooked through, 6–8 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, set a steamer basket in a large pot filled with about 1" salted water. Cover pot and bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until just tender, 4–5 minutes. Season broccoli with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Transfer chicken to a platter. Spoon any remaining sauce over. Serve with rice and broccoli alongside. Top chicken with scallions, sesame seeds, and sesame oil (if using).
Source: Read Full Article