Jujeh Kabob (Persian Chicken Kabobs) Recipe
"This is a classic Persian chicken kabob that is very delicious and tasty. Serve with roasted tomatoes, fresh onions, sliced lemons, and rice."
- Combine onion, lime juice, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and saffron in a large glass bowl. Mix in olive oil. Press chicken into the bowl lightly and cover with plastic wrap. Let marinate for 6 hours to overnight, mixing every few hours to make sure chicken is coated.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from the bowl, shake off excess marinade, and discard marinade left in the bowl. Place chicken onto metal skewers, making sure it's not too tightly packed.
- Cook skewers on the preheated grill until chicken is browned and no longer pink in the center, turning as needed, 10 to 15 minutes total.
- Cook’s Notes:
- You can use boneless chicken thighs cut into quarters instead of chicken breasts.
- You can use soaked bamboo skewers instead of metal.
Per Serving: 346 calories;14.5 g fat;5.1 g carbohydrates;47.7 g protein;129 mg cholesterol;1277 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article