Thai Peanut Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
"Kids love this, and we always get rave reviews and requests for the recipe. You can add additional vegetables as desired (broccoli, snow peas, etc.), though you may then need to increase the amount of peanut sauce if you add significant amounts of veggies."
- Bring 2 quarts lightly salted water to a boil. Cook chow mein in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain.
- Whisk soy sauce, peanut butter, 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, and 4 teaspoons sesame oil together in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken, garlic, and ginger in hot oil until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken mixture with a slotted spoon to a bowl, retaining drippings in the skillet.
- Heat an additional 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in the skillet with the drippings; saute mushrooms until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
- Return the chicken to the skillet; add drained chow mein noodles, bean sprouts, and green onion. Toss mixture to distribute chicken and vegetables throughout the noodles. Drizzle peanut sauce over the noodles and toss to coat; cook until sauce is warmed, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat and garnish with cilantro.
Per Serving: 463 calories;28.5 g fat;30.3 g carbohydrates;23 g protein;35 mg cholesterol;929 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article