Healthy Slow-Cooker Split Pea Soup
- Prep 15 min
- Total10 hr15 min
The classic pairing of mild split peas and rich ham come together in a delicious slow-cooker version.+
- 1Mix all ingredients except ham in 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Add ham.
- 2Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until peas are tender.
- 3Remove ham from cooker; place on cutting board. Pull meat from bones, using 2 forks; discard bones and skin. Stir ham into soup. Stir well before serving.
- Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Save the leaves from the celery to use for dressing up bowls of this hearty soup.
- Split peas are a variety of pea grown specifically for drying. Look for them with the dried beans and lentils in your supermarket.
Source: Read Full Article