Healthy Split Pea Soup with Veggies
- Prep 15 min
- Total3 hr45 min
Let slow cooking speed your way to dinner!Enjoy this split pea,pork and veggies soup for a delightful meal.+
- 1In 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, gently mix all ingredients except carrots.
- 2Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours.
- 3Remove ham bone from soup. Let stand about 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- 4Remove ham from bone. Remove excess fat from ham; cut ham into 1/2-inch pieces. Stir ham and carrots into soup. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 15 minutes longer or until carrots are tender.
- To sort the split peas, remove any grit or discolored peas. Place the split peas in a bowl, and cover them with water. After a minute or two, remove any skins or split peas that float to the top. Finally, rinse the split peas in a colander or strainer.
Source: Read Full Article