Chicken Noodle Casserole I Recipe
"Creamy chicken and noodle casserole topped with crushed crackers. Wonderful as leftovers topped with melted cheese!"
- Poach chicken in a large pot of simmering water. Cook until no longer pink in center, about 12 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. Bring chicken cooking water to a boil and cook pasta in it. Drain. Cut chicken into small pieces, and mix with noodles.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mushroom soup, chicken soup, and sour cream.Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir together cream soup mixture with the chicken mixture. Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, and remove from heat. Stir in crumbled crackers. Top casserole with the buttery crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 542 calories;34.2 g fat;35.5 g carbohydrates;23.3 g protein;133 mg cholesterol;895 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article