Kid-Friendly Italian Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
"This is a delicious alternative to traditional meatloaf that tastes like meatballs and is very kid-friendly! Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes. You can also serve extra marinara on the side."
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, being careful to avoid burning. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Whisk basil, eggs, and parsley together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Combine ground turkey, Italian sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian cheese blend, 2 tablespoons oil, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Add cooked onion mixture and egg mixture and mix using your hands until completely mixed together.
- Shape meat mixture into a large loaf in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Pour marinara sauce on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 hour.
Per Serving: 493 calories;28.5 g fat;22.5 g carbohydrates;36.7 g protein;155 mg cholesterol;1304 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article