Grilled Salad Pizza
- Total: 40 min
- Active: 40 min
- Yield:4 servings
- Prepare a grill for medium heat.
- For the salad: Whisk the vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, several grinds of pepper and the oregano together in a large salad bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil to make a smooth dressing. Whisk in the Parmesan. Add the garlic clove and let sit for about 30 minutes to infuse (about as long as it takes to prepare the pizza).
- Just before serving, discard the garlic clove. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, giardiniera, artichokes, olives, provolone and salami to the bowl and toss to coat. Add the romaine and toss again.
- Meanwhile, for the pizza: Stir together the ricotta and chopped garlic in a small bowl. Stir in enough cream or milk to make a spreadable mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Brush a 14-inch or larger pizza pan with oil. Form the pizza dough into a ball and place on the pan. Brush the dough with oil. Use your fingers to gently stretch the dough to a 12- to 13-inch round. Brush the top of the dough once more with oil.
- Quickly flip the pizza over the grill and remove the pan, leaving the dough round on the grill. Grill, covered, until the bottom of the dough is golden, has distinct grill marks and the top is set, about 3 minutes. Flip the dough so the grilled side is up. Brush the crust with olive oil. Spread the ricotta mixture almost to the edges. Sprinkle with the mozzarella, Parmesan and pecorino. Cover the grill and cook until the cheese is melted and the bottom crust is crisp and golden, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the grill and cut into 8 slices. Sprinkle the pizza with red pepper flakes and oregano. Pile the salad on top and serve.
Source: Read Full Article