5 cheese lasagna
You can make this in about an hour to hour and a half and it makes a lot!
- 1.5 jars garlic onion pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons Italian herbs
- 2 table spoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 2-8 ounce bags of mozzarella shredded cheese
- 2-8 ounce bags shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1-24 ounce tub of cottage cheese
- 1-15 ounce tub ricotta cheese
Cooked ground beef and chop finely.
Mix 1/2 of all the spices into the ground beef and add in spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes. Add all of the sugar into it.
Boil noodles until Aldente and drain. Do not rinse pasta.
Start by layering your 13×9 baking pan with noodles then spread some of the ricotta on them then cottage cheese, top with ground beef and sauce mixture then all cheeses, and season each layer as you go with remaining spices.
Repeat until Pan is full topping the final layer with noodles, sauce and meat mixture and shredded cheeses. Keep cottage cheese and ricotta for the internal layers not for the final top layer. I add a little extra Italian seasoning and pepper on top. For appearance and taste.
Cover and bake on 375 for 35-45 minutes until got all the way through and cheese fully melted. Remove foil last 10 minutes for baking to brown cheese lightly.
Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving so sauce and noodles can set a little firmer. Pairs great with Texas toast or salad or perfectly delicious all by itself! This recipe makes at least an 8-10 lb pan of lasagna but holds for about 5-7 days in the fridge.
Source: Read Full Article