Air Fryer Chili-Garlic Tofu with Green Beans
- Total: 45 min(includes draining time)
- Active: 15 min
- Yield:4 servings
- Drain the tofu, wrap each block in several layers of paper towel and set on a large plate. Place a heavy pan on top (cast-iron works great for this) to press excess liquid from the tofu; allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice each tofu block into six 1/2-inch-thick slices. Drain the large plate of any excess liquid, wipe dry and place the tofu slices back on the plate. Put 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small bowl and use a pastry brush to coat both sides of the slices with the oil. Season both sides of the slices with 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Lay the tofu slices flat in the basket of the air fryer and cook, flipping halfway through, until lightly golden and crisp, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F again.
- Toss the green beans in a large bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper. Cook the beans, tossing halfway through, until tender and blistered, about 10 minutes.
- While the beans cook, combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, mirin, brown sugar, chili-garlic paste, cornstarch, garlic and 3 tablespoons water in a small saucepan and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly reduced, thickened and shiny, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the beans to a large serving plate and shingle the tofu slices on top. Drizzle the sauce over the tofu and beans and garnish with the scallions.
Source: Read Full Article