Beef ? and Broccoli ?
Super quick and yummy ? …..
I know I should’ve used a wok for this recipe but sorry Barrie I still haven’t ordered it ( although I still have the link you sent me ! ?)
- 2.5 pounds beef flank steak
- Vegetable oil for sautéing (enough to coat bottom of pan)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Fresh minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 can Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 can beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen cut broccoli (or larger)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Rinse and pat dry your steak……
Slice steak into thin strips….
Place steak strips into a pan that has been heated with vegetable oil and fry strips until almost brown, then add some black pepper to strips and your minced garlic……
Next add your sliced onion and sauté all until onion is slightly wilted…..
Remove steak and onion from pan and set to the side…..
In the same pan that you used for the steak add your cooking sherry and boil until sherry is slightly reduced…..
Add to that pan : the condensed tomato soup, beef broth, crushed red pepper, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and ginger…..
Stir well and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes……
Now add your frozen broccoli and heat until broccoli is tender….
Now add your brown sugar and cook until slightly thickened…
Next add your steak that you put off to the side and mix all well, boil for about 5 minutes….
Remove from heat and serve over white rice and enjoy ?!!
Source: Read Full Article