Black Beans Yellow Rice and Chicken
Sunday Afternoon are family time here is a delicious meal.
- Chicken and stock
- 6 quarts water
- 5 pounds chicken legs and thighs separated
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper powder
- Yellow rice
- 32 ounces Spainish yellow rice dinner packets used Vigo brand
- 16 ounces frozen English peas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Black beans
- 32 ounces canned black beans
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Boil the water with the onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Add the chicken pieces the skin will be on, and bone in. Cook till done.
Remove the skins and remove the meat from the bones.
Use the chicken broth made from boiling your chicken. Cook the rice in the broth as instructed on packet. It said add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Add the peas and chicken meat to the rice and mix.
Make the black beans.
Serve with black beans on top.
Source: Read Full Article