Brisket-and-Black Bean Chili with Cilantro-Lime Crema
Active Time: 30 MinsTotal Time9 Hours
Yield: Serves 8
This hearty, richly spiced chili is made in a slow cooker so it’s easy to prepare and transport if you’re traveling for game day. Instead of bowls, set out mugs and let everyone help themselves to the chili and crema.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds beef brisket, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2(16-oz.) cans black beans, drained
- 1(14.5-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1medium-size red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3garlic cloves, minced (about 3 tsp.)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- Cilantro-Lime Crema
How to Make It
Stir together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Toss spice mixture with brisket cubes until well coated.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add half of brisket cubes, and cook, stirring often, until browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and brisket.
Stir beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and beef broth into slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW until beef is tender, about 8 hours. Uncover and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in lime juice, and serve immediately with Cilantro-Lime Crema.
Source: Read Full Article