Cantonese Steamed Fish
The classic style of cooking tasty and healthy steamed fish ? Please follow my Instagram @jenscookingdiary (Indonesian) and @jenscookdineandtravel (English) if you like my recipes ??
- 1 white meat fish, more or less 400 gr (I used trout fish)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 inches ginger, thinly sliced into toothpicks size
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp seafood soy sauce (I used Lee Kim Kee Seasoned Soy Sauce for Seafood)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt (if you like it a bit salty – I didn’t use any)
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder or to taste
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- slices red chili peppers for garnish
Wash and pat dry the fish with paper towel. Place the fish on top of a heat resistant plate.
Arrange garlic on top of the fish. Add soy sauce, water, salt (if you use some), and white pepper powder.
Heat water in a pot until boiling. Place the fish in the pot and cover it with the lid. Steam fish for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Place green onions, ginger, and red chili peppers on top of the fish.
Heat sesame oil in a small pan until it’s very hot. Pour the oil on top of the fish.
Serve immediately over steamed white rice! Yum! ?
Source: Read Full Article