Cheesecake-Stuffed Blueberry Muffin
- Total: 1 hr(includes cooling time)
- Active: 25 min
- Yield:12 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the cheesecake filling: Whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream and granulated sugar in a small bowl until well combined. Transfer to a medium plastic resealable bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the batter: Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners and coat with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together the milk, oil, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl. Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture until well combined and smooth. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill each muffin cup about three-quarters of the way with batter. Snip the tip off the plastic bag. Insert the tip into the center of each cup and pipe some of the cream cheese mixture into the batter. Sprinkle the top of each cup with 1 teaspoon coarse sugar. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the side the muffins come out clean (not the cream cheese center), 14 to 16 minutes. Cool the muffins in the pan on a rack. Serve at room temperature.
When measuring flour, we spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off the excess. (Scooping directly from the bag compacts the flour, resulting in dry baked goods.)
Source: Read Full Article