Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Baked Penne
- Prep 20 min
- Total45 min
Pasta is infinitely better packed with cheese and baked into a creamy casserole—this chicken, bacon, ranch combo proves it.File this under the definition of comfort food!
lb penne pasta, cooked and drained
cups shredded cooked chicken
jar (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
cup ranch dressing
slices chopped cooked bacon
cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
Chopped parsley, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray 13×9-inch pan.
- 2In large bowl, place 1 lb cooked and drained penne pasta, 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, 1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce and 1/2 cup ranch dressing. Stir to combine. Pour mixture in pan; spread evenly.
- 3Sprinkle 6 slices chopped cooked bacon evenly over top, then sprinkle with 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz).
- 4Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- That optional sprinkle of chopped parsley adds not only bright color but also a fresh taste—don’t skimp on the amount you use.
- No leftover chicken? Buy a rotisserie chicken—a 2 lb. bird will give you about 3 cups of meat.
- Use Cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella for a more cheesy flavor.
- Other short pastas, like fusilli or rotini, work equally well, making the casserole easy to scoop up to serve.
More About This Recipe
- Pasta is our go-to dinner and there are few flavor combos we appreciate more than chicken, bacon and ranch, so it was only a matter of time before we introduced them to one another. This chicken-bacon-ranch pasta dish is an easy dinner that has the potential to be even easier when you use precooked bacon and rotisserie chicken. Have a few boxes of penne pasta on hand? You can make a casserole, dinner in the skillet or a one-pot meal with these penne recipes.
Source: Read Full Article