- Prep 35 min
- Total55 min
Ever meet a mummy with great taste?Try this one!His pizza-crust “bandages” wrap around deli chicken, ham and cheese for a finger food that will be a Halloween hit!
can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
tablespoons garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (from 6.5-oz container)
oz thinly sliced cooked deli ham
jar (7 oz) roasted red bell peppers, drained on paper towel
oz thinly sliced cooked deli chicken
slices (2.7 oz) thinly sliced provolone cheese
teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
Sliced ripe olives, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll dough onto cookie sheet; stretch and very lightly press 1 short side of rectangle to about 11 inches wide. Stretch to length of 14 inches. Form shape that is nearly triangular, pressing in sides so small end measures 6 inches across.
- 2Spread garlic-and-herbs cheese in 3-inch-wide strip lengthwise down center of triangle to within 1/2 inch of each end.
- 3From the wide end, mark dough 3 inches down from center on both sides of cheese strip. At that point, layer 2/3 of ham, peppers, chicken and provolone cheese on garlic-and-herbs cheese to 6-inch end. Starting at corners of wide end, using scissors or sharp knife, make cuts (see diagram) at an angle 1 inch apart down long sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling. To form head at wide end, place remaining 1/3 of filling ingredients, ending with bell pepper, in circular pile over cheese spread, leaving 1/2 inch space from body filling. Fold and shape 3-inch section of dough over filling to make rounded head, leaving opening for eyes, exposing bell pepper. Starting at mummy’s neck, alternately cross remaining strips over filling; folding bottom 1/2 inch up before crossing last 2 strips.
- 4In small bowl, beat egg. Brush over dough. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- 5Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Place olives between “bandages” for mummy’s eye. Cut into slices.
- Hard salami or pepperoni can be substituted for the ham and chicken slices, if you like.
Source: Read Full Article