Chicken Niçoise Salad
Active Time: 15 MinsTotal Time1 Hour
Yield: Serves 4
Warm roasted chicken and vegetables give this traditionally cold composed salad a delicious new twist. Arrange the salad on individual plates or serve it family-style from one large platter. This salad is a complete meal on its own, unless you want to add a crusty piece of French bread, which we always recommend. This weeknight dinner would make wonderful leftovers for a brown bag lunch at work, too. Niçoise olives are small and oval shaped. Look for them in the olive bar of the deli section of your grocery store, or substitute kalamata olives.
- 3bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 3 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved
- 1 pound haricots verts (thin French green beans)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs (such as dill, parsley, and chives)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pint multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4hard-cooked eggs, halved
- 1/4 cup Niçoise olives
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°F. Rub chicken with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle both sides evenly with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon of the pepper. Place chicken, bone side down, on a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Set aside.
Toss together potatoes, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 3⁄4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with lightly greased aluminum foil. Bake chicken and potatoes in preheated oven 25 minutes.
Toss haricots verts with 3⁄4 teaspoon of the salt and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add haricots verts to pan with potatoes. Stir, and continue baking both pans until chicken is cooked through, potatoes are tender, and haricots verts are tender-crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove pans from oven, and let chicken rest 10 minutes. Remove chicken from bone; cut into 1⁄2-inch to 3⁄4-inch slices. Discard bones.
While chicken rests, whisk together lemon juice, white wine vinegar, herbs, Dijon mustard, sugar, and remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper until combined; gradually whisk in olive oil until blended.
Arrange chicken, potatoes, haricots verts, tomatoes, egg halves, and olives on 4 plates. Drizzle each salad with 3 tablespoons dressing; serve remaining dressing on the side.
Source: Read Full Article