Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs
- Total: 40 min
- Active: 40 min
- Yield:4 servings
Garlic Fried Rice:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the meatballs: Combine the chicken, panko, scallions, egg and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Use a 1-ounce scoop to portion the chicken mixture into mounds (about 30 meatballs total), roll each into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- For the teriyaki sauce: Whisk together the soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until slightly thickened and reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside (you should have about 1 cup).
- For the garlic fried rice: Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the scallions and stir-fry 1 minute. Add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and stir-fry until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the rice and 1 tablespoon of the teriyaki sauce and stir-fry until combined and heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- For the stir-fried vegetables: Heat the oil in the skillet over high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and stir-fry 1 minute. Add the broccoli and 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir-fry until the broccoli is bright green and still crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1/3 cup of the teriyaki sauce and cook until heated through. (Add more water if necessary, to thin the sauce.) Transfer to the serving platter and keep warm.
- Finish the meatballs: Add the remaining teriyaki sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the meatballs and toss until glazed and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon the meatballs over the rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Source: Read Full Article