Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
Total Time: 20 Mins
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 1 pizza)
Did you know that you can make 6 Copycat Mexican Pizzas in the time it takes to make a Taco Bell Run? Well, you do now. Our Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizzas make a perfect late-night snack or simple family dinner. Or, whip some up for an after-school hangout and you’ll be the coolest parent on the block.
- 1/3 cup masa corn flour, optional
- 12(6-in.) thin flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup taco sauce (such as Ortega taco sauce)
- 1/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup pre-shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups refried beans, heated through
- 3/4 cup cooked ground beef seasoned with Taco Bell taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup finely diced tomato
How to Make It
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium. If using corn flour, lightly dredge 1 tortilla at a time in corn flour, and dust off any excess.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of the oil to skillet, and add a tortilla; cook, turning often, until lightly golden and crisp, about 4 minutes. Set aside on metal rack or paper towels. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Stir together taco sauce and enchilada sauce in a small bowl; set aside. Combine cheeses in another bowl; set aside.
Preheat oven to broil. Spread about 3 tablespoons beans on 1 tortilla; add about 2 tablespoons taco meat. Top with a second tortilla; spread 2 tablespoons sauce mixture evenly over top tortilla, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Top with 1 tablespoon each of tomatoes and olives. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Repeat building process with remaining ingredients to make 6 pizzas. Place baking sheet in center of oven, and broil 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Let stand 3 minutes before cutting into quarters.
Source: Read Full Article