Cream of Chicken, Cheese and Broccoli over Rice
Well, I’m a little overwhelmed with all the chicken in the freezer? I kinda wanted chicken and broccoli so I made a deconstructed chicken and broccoli casserole. I stopped buying cream of whatever soups a long time ago. It’s just easier and tastier to make your own right in the pan.
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless boneless chicken meat of choice cut in to bite sized pieces
- Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders and paprika to taste, I season pretty heavily
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk, approximately
- Olive oil
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 (10 oz) bag frozen broccoli
- 2 chopped green onions, whites and greens
Heat up enough oil to brown the chicken, 2-3 tbsp. Spread it into a single layer. Season well. Keep browning until the moisture evaporates and the chicken browns.
Once the chicken has good color, add the flour. stir and coat. Let that cook for a bit, stirring. Add the milk, cream cheese and cheddar. Bring to a bubble. Add the broccoli then turn the heat down to simmer with a lid on. Stir occasionally to help the cream cheese melt.
Make rice, however you make yours.
When your rice is done, spoon the mixture over your rice. The Cajun in me puts chopped green onions on everything ?
Source: Read Full Article