Filipino Food Series: Batangas Pancit Lomi or Lomi (Noodles)
- 1/2 Kg Miki Noodles (Basically egg noodles)
- 2 medium size shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 8 cups pork broth
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon cassava starch (others use flour, but I personally like the thickness texture of cassava starch)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 fried Kikiam
- 1/4-10 pcs chicken balls
- 1/4 kg pork liver (marinated in soy sauce and lemon or calamansi)
- 1/4 kg pork belly cut into thin strips deep fried (pork rind)
- 1/4 cabbage washed and chopped
- 2 eggs hard boiled
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup oil
- Spring onions
Fry all toppings first, pork belly, kikiam, chicken balls separately. Half cook the marinated liver.
Sauté in oil the garlic, shallots pepper, soy sauce and fish sauce until shallots are soft.
Add the pork broth and let it simmer for 3 minutes then add the egg noodles. Stir and let it simmer for another 3 minutes or until the egg noodles is cooked.
Mix the cassava starch and then pour it gently to the broth while stirring continuously to avoid it getting lumpy.
Add egg, salt and then stir gently. Transfer it into a bowl and add generous toppings, kikiam, chicken balls, hardboiled egg, cabbage, liver, pork rind and spring onions.
Best paired with soy sauce with onions, calamansi and chilli!
Source: Read Full Article