GF Cinnamon-Lemon Cookies
- 1 stick (8 tbl.) undalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- (add 1 tsp. zanthan gum to flour if not in flour blend already)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cinnamon sugar- 1/4 cup sugar & 1 tsp. cinnamon, stir
Mix the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
Add flour, cinnamon, lemon peel, baking powder, and salt to butter mixture and blend well.
Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line baking sheets with parchment and lightly spray with oil.
Shape dough into small balls, about 3/4″ in diameter. Roll balls and coat in cinnamon sugar.
Place cookies 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Cool for a minute in the pan then remove to rack to cool completely.
Source: Read Full Article