Giant Brownie Snack Cake
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Active: 30 min
- Yield:10 to 12 servings
Chocolate Ganache and Decorating:
- For the brownie cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate chips and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth, about 5 minutes. Off the heat, whisk in both sugars; cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla until smooth. Stir in the flour and salt until just smooth and combined (do not overmix).
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly with an offset or rubber spatula. Bake until the top is glossy and a toothpick inserted into the center comes comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, about 50 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
- For the ganache and decorating: Put the semisweet chocolate chips and cream in a medium heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water) and heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Pour the ganache over the cooled brownie and spread into an even, smooth layer. Sprinkle immediately with the candy-coated chips. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the outer ring to unmold the cake. Cut into slices and serve.
When measuring flour, we spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off excess. (Scooping directly from the bag compacts the flour, resulting in dry baked goods.)
Source: Read Full Article