Glazed Apple Dumplings
- Total: 50 min
- Active: 20 min
- Yield:4 dumplings
- For the dumplings: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the pastry into a 12-inch square and cut into four 6-inch squares. Peel and core the apples, then place 1 on each square of pastry.
- Add the brown sugar, raisins, pecans, cinnamon and lemon zest and juice to a bowl and mix. Pile some of the mixture into the hollowed-out core of each apple. Top each with a teaspoon of butter. Egg wash the edges of the pastry squares, then bring the corners of each pastry square up and fold over each apple, pressing to seal the dumplings.
- Transfer the dumplings to the prepared baking sheet and brush with the remaining egg wash. Bake until the apples are tender and the pastry is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- For the glaze: Add the confectioners’ sugar, butter, lemon juice and 1/4 cup water to a small pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Brush the glaze over the baked dumplings and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Source: Read Full Article