Healthy donut alternative
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter (or alternative of choice)
- 4 tbsp almond milk (or alternative of choice)
- 2 tbsp regular granola clusters (or any cereal of choice)
- 1 large Asian pear or Fuji Apple, peeled, sliced and cored
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries (or trail mix)
- Dash honey (or maple syrup), as garnish / glaze
On a small bowl, place granola clusters and almond milk, mix and let granola soak in all that milky goodness for few minutes.
While granola is getting hydrated, wash, peel, and slice fruit horizontally. Use a spoon to remove core to result in making series of donut shaped pear or apple slices. Set aside.
Going back to the granola+milk mixture, add dried cranberries and peanut butter. Mix well.
Spoon mixture as toppings to your fruit donuts. You can add a dash of honey to glaze it a bit if you like. Ready to serve! Best enjoyed with tea (hot or cold).
Source: Read Full Article