Honey Mustard-Glazed Ham
- Total: 6 hr
- Active: 30 min
- Yield:20 to 30 servings
- Adjust the oven racks to accommodate a large roasting pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Fit the pan with a shallow rack.
- Unwrap the ham and rinse it in cold water. Place it on the rack in the roasting pan. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch opening to allow steam to escape. Bake the ham for half the estimated cooking time, about 3 hours. (Total cooking time is about 20 minutes per pound.)
- Add the brown sugar and honey to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard.
- Pour the mixture over the ham. Continue baking the ham, uncovered, basting occasionally with the drippings in the roaster, for the remaining time, about 3 more hours. Check for doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into a meaty part of the ham, avoiding any fat or bone. The thermometer should register 160 degrees F.
- Allow the ham to stand 15 minutes before slicing. This allows the juices inside the ham to set.
Source: Read Full Article