Lemon Pasta Pronto
- Total: 25 min
- Active: 15 min
- Yield:4 servings
Pasta and Sauce:
Pangrattato (Crispy Crumbs):
- For the pasta and sauce: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta, thyme, garlic and onions and cook until the onions soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the the lemon zest and juice and bring to a simmer. Stir in the peas and cream, bring to a simmer and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- For the pangrattato (crispy crumbs): Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a saute pan over medium-low heat. Add the panko, tossing to coat in the oil, and then season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the panko is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the lemon zest and thyme and stir everything together.
- Stir the Pecorino into the lemony sauce, then drain the pasta, add it to the skillet of sauce and toss together. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Sprinkle the pangrattato over the pasta and garnish with the lemon wedges. Serve straight from the skillet.
Source: Read Full Article