- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Prep: 15 min
- Inactive: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Yield:8 servings
- For the meatloaf: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the milk over the bread and allow it to soak in for several minutes. Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, salt, some pepper, seasoned salt and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the eggs. With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a foil-lined broiler pan, which will allow the fat from the meat to drain.
- Lay the bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf to give the meatloaf some support.
- Next, make the tomato sauce: Pour the ketchup into a bowl. Add the brown sugar and dry mustard, and splash in the hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir the mixture until well combined. Pour one-third of the sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes, and then pour over another one-third of the remaining tomato sauce over the meatloaf. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes; the meatloaf should be no longer pink in the middle. Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the remaining tomato sauce on the side as a dipping sauce.
Source: Read Full Article