Mini Brooklyn Blackout Icebox Cakes
- Total: 8 hr 20 min(includes chilling time)
- Active: 20 min
- Yield:6 servings
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 cup prepared chocolate pudding
42 chocolate wafer cookies
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Whip together the heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Fold in the pudding with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Cut 6 squares of plastic wrap large enough to completely line each cup of a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan with a slight overhang at the top.
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of the pudding mixture in the bottom of each lined muffin cup. Break up 2 cookies and fit them into an even layer over the pudding. Repeat twice with the pudding and cookies until all of the muffin cups are full, ending with a cookie layer on the tops. Cover each cup with the overhanging plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 12. Reserve the remaining 6 cookies for garnish.
- When ready to serve, unwrap each cake and invert the muffin pan onto a large platter or cutting board all at once. Remove the plastic wrap. Transfer the individual cakes to serving plates. Crush the reserved cookies and sprinkle some on top of each cake, then drizzle with the chocolate syrup.
Source: Read Full Article