My Favorite Turkey Brine
- Total: 1 day 25 min(includes brining time)
- Active: 25 min
- Yield:18 servings
- Combine 2 gallons cold water with the apple cider, brown sugar, salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic, rosemary and orange peels in a large pot. Stir until the salt and sugar dissolve. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and cover.
- Allow to cool completely, then place into the fridge to chill. Place uncooked turkey in the chilled brine solution, then refrigerate for 16 to 24 hours.
- When ready to roast the turkey, remove from the brine. Submerge the turkey in a pot or sink of fresh, cold water. Allow to sit in clean water for 15 minutes to remove excess salt from the outside.
- Discard the brine. Remove the turkey from the clean water, pat dry, and cook according to your normal roasting method.
Source: Read Full Article