Penne with Chicken and Asparagus Recipe
"A light but super-tasty pasta dish, with fresh asparagus cooked in broth with sauteed garlic and seasoned chicken."
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until chicken is cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
- Pour chicken broth into the skillet. Then stir in asparagus, garlic, and a pinch more garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover, and steam until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet, and warm through.
- Stir chicken mixture into pasta, and mix well. Let sit about 5 minutes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir again, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 332 calories;10.9 g fat;43.3 g carbohydrates;16.7 g protein;20 mg cholesterol;69 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article