Pesto Spaghetti Squash Skillet with Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Recipe
"Weeknight dinners just got easier with this recipe for roasted spaghetti squash tossed in a skillet of smoked sausage, bell pepper, onion, and pesto."
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. With a fork, pierce squash halves several times. Rub the inside of the halves with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, arrange squash, flesh side down. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until very tender.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook and stir sausage, red pepper, and onion 6 to 8 minutes or until sausage is browned and pepper and onion are crisp-tender.
- Cool baked squash slightly. Shred insides with a fork. Add spaghetti squash to skillet and cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Just before serving, carefully stir in pesto and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Per Serving: 648 calories;51.8 g fat;24.1 g carbohydrates;21.7 g protein;76 mg cholesterol;1343 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article