- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 T olive oil, extra for sauteing onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 C purple onion, diced small
- 6 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 3/4 C pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
- slices Pepperoni, cut to small
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced thin
- to taste S&P,
- to taste Crushed red pepper flakes,
In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium and saute the onion. Set aside.
Preheat oven to broil/ grill settings on high. Arrange oven shelf to middle of your oven. Combine the 2T oil, garlic and 4 tsp of the seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush the bottom of each mushroom with the garlic oil mix and place each mushroom, oil side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Put a little of sauteed onions in the mushroom. S&P. Put 2T (eyeball it) of pizza sauce over the onion, 1/4C of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce and pepperoni and tomato on top of cheese.
Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and broil for 6-8 minutes or until cheese has melted. To serve, sprinkle with some of the remaining seasoning.
I cooked mine 8 minutes and it nearly burned my pepperoni, so keep your eye on these!
Source: Read Full Article